Ben's Dinner Bento

I forgot to post this the other day, so figured to post it now. Ben needed a dinner bento the other night as well, so he had one pretty much like his sister's.



Ben's bento was pretty similar to Faith's--ham & cheese sandwiches on Nature's Own Honey Wheat Bread, cut into elephants with our new Lunch Punch! How awesome are the elephants, it's a whole "Peanut" sandwich, Mommy & baby! Susan at Hawaii's Bento Box used the cute little candy eyes on one of her creations last week, so I borrowed a bit of inspiration from her again.

Ben had carrots & celery, with a little bit of creamy tomato dressing in the container. Again, same as Faith's--I mixed some homemade tomato soup with a bit of cream cheese to make a dipping sauce, it worked. On the right, he has blueberry banana bread complete with his Peanut pick and some grapes, cantaloupe & blackberries. It's packed in our EasyLunchbox, I'm using those a lot lately.

Someone asked on this post where I got the candy eyes? They are for cake/cookie decorating and my mom actually got them for me at a little candy shop near her house in Canada. They are just little sugar dots, I think I've seen them at craft stores with the baking & cake decorating items in the US.

Comments

  1. Where did you get the dip container? And do they come more "teen" themed, or mostly just cutesy for littler kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love the lunch punch sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I want to get those sandwich punches. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweet owner of Lunch Punch is letting me give away a set--either the puzzle pieces or the animal ones. I'll probably have it up soon. She'll do the mailing so I can host the contest from Canada (my other giveaways involve me having to mail things, so those will have to wait till we are home).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mummy & baby elephant lunch punch sandwich is really cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. where do u get these sweet candy eyes?
    pinkfeets at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I'm wondering about hte candy eyes too I haven't seen them at Michaels...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try Amazon! Search for "candy eyes" and you should find them for under $3.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment