The Kids Cook Monday - Strawberry/Blueberry Granola Bars



After having so much fun last week with our The Kids Cook Monday project, we opted to do it again.



This time, Faith & I wanted to make more granola bars since we ran out of the ones I brought with us. We used my default recipe, but this time added dried blueberries and strawberries! The fruit was naturally dehydrated with no additives, and coupled with organic oats and local honey. It is seriously a great recipe and the kids love this version too.

It's also the perfect recipe for kids to help with, lots of opportunities for them to help in this recipe. Faith got to chop the dried strawberries into smaller pieces so they were nice & small for the bars.



And plenty of stirring. Actually, a whole lot of stirring once the honey was added in. Since we're still at my mom's, the big wooden spoon she is using was actually my great-grandmother's!



And of course, lots of spredding & pressing the dough into the pan before we baked it.


As always, this was followed by plenty of sampling. Another successful granola bar combination.

Comments

  1. Yum! Those look so tasty! I love the idea of Kids Cook Mondays. I have recipes that my daughter came up with, and they are so hilarious. She generally ends them with the words, "And Enjoy!" Awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try your recipe. I'm trying to lower my salt intake drastically, and the pre-made stuff is just full of it.

    Thanks!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! I'm going to try this out with Kidlet :D We love granola bars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a plane trip coming up. I think I'm going to bring some bentos with these in them. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those bars look great! I bet that was quite an arm workout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I made homemade granola bars several years ago, I had trouble getting the bars to stay in a bar shape (they were crumbly). Do you ever have that problem with this recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment